Friday, March 12, 2010

Even when she is sick she is the happiest baby on the block

The nasty cold virus has come to visit again. Avery has been coughing the last few days but yesterday her lungs sounded like junk. I went to work and got a call from Chris saying that he was taking her in to see the doctor because her junky lungs turned into wheezing. The doc said she has a pretty bad cold virus that is causing her bronchioles to constrict. He gave her a respiratory treatment and sent Chris home with a nebulizer to do every 4 hours as needed. Avery slept well through the night (thank goodness since I was at work) but today she has been wheezing and coughing like crazy. We have had to give her treatments about every 4 hours. She hated it until this last time, when I sat her on my lap and made it seem like a game. Once she figured out that the humidified air felt good, she sat back and took it all in.
Despite her not feeling well, she has been all smiles and giggles. She has to be the happiest baby I have ever met. Her little smile melts my heart.



1 comment:

Em said...

Where did you get the cute face mask?