Saturday, February 20, 2010

Birthday Week

February 19, 2010 Friday

As part of my birthday, Chris and I went indoor skydiving in Ogden. It was so much fun! There were about 10 people in our group including kids and a woman in her 60’s. The way it works is you enter this 12 foot in diameter tunnel by dropping face forward into the 60mph vertical wind. Once you drop in, you extended your arms and legs to catch the wind and in a sense fly. My second time around I was able to turn around and fly up higher in the tunnel. Once the instructor feels you are stable enough he will fly up with you. He only did that with a few people including me. I rocked at flying! they said that I’m a natural, next is real sky diving. I can’t wait! The suits had handles on the back and sides of the waist for the instructor to be able to grab us so we didn't bump around like crash dummies. They looked hilarious and gave a new meaning to the phrase "love handles". If you look closely you can see the orange handle on my suit. We dropped Avery off at David and Brooke’s house to have a sleep over with her cousins while we went sky diving and spent the night in a hotel in SLC. I was so nervous. I totally trust Brooke but this is the first time leaving Avery with someone over night in a foreign place. But alas everything turned out fine.



February 20, 2010 Saturday

Avery had a great time playing with her cousins until she was just too exhausted. This morning she took her first bath in the bath tub with William and loved it. Dave said they didn’t even know the other person was in the tub until they turned around and saw each other just before they got out of the bath. After seeing the bath tub picture, I realized that Avery resembles my Grandma Offret quite a bit. Now that I look back at all her pictures, I really see my grandma in her, especially her eyes.

Later in the evening we dropped Avery off at a friend’s house so Chris and I could go to the pool and hot tub. Essentially we were part-time parents the last two days but it was a much needed trip to the hot tub. Now we are playing with Avery and realize that she changes every day. We didn’t see her for one night and already she is a different person.

I had a great birthday week. Thanks Babe! You totally made up for being sick and not even getting me a birthday cake on my big 30th birthday.

2 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

That bath picture is so cute! Glad you had a fun Birthday!

Anonymous said...

WOW she does look like grandma Offret!! thats cool! Corrie