Monday, February 8, 2010

Avery at 6 Months


Wow! Avery is already halfway through her first year. I can't believe it!
This is Dre, my friend Brooke's baby. He is only a few days younger than Avery but looks older. He is so tall.

At 6 months Avery's life is chock-full of new adventures. She is sitting on her own (for a few seconds anyway) and getting closer to moving around. She isn't crawling yet but she is rolling from side to side and wiggling around on her belly so she is always facing me.


My little bumkin is such a good eater as you can tell from the many pictures I have taken. We started feeding her rice cereal a while ago and just started her on vegetables. I gave her pees the other day and she made the funniest face but kept opening her mouth for more. I better be careful because it looks like I'm raising a little piggy. She just had her six month doctors apointment and weighed 16lbs 11oz and is 26in long. she had her shots again and squaked for about 15 seconds at that was it. She loves going to the doctor so she can play with the paper they put over the tables you sit on.
Little Miss Piggy now has two tiny teeth sticking out. I'm so suprised that she hasn't been fussy or drooling a gallon of spit down her face. In fact she is the happiest baby on the block. I think someone wrote a book about her.
She is chatting up a storm and screaming to get my attention. Chatty Kathy is happily practicing making lots of sounds, imitating what she hears. She says Hi and Da Da but I'm sure they aren't real words even though it sounds like it. I tell Chris that her first word is going to be "Hi" because that is the first thing we say to her when we go in to pick her up in the morning. Today my friend Brooke came over with her 6month old boy and she said hi to her. Then, your not going to believe this, but she said "Hi Dad" 5 or 6 times tonight. I was feeding her cereal and she looked right at her dad raised her hand and waved while saying "Hi Dad". Chris and I looked at each other dumbfounded. I was hoping she would get Chris' brains but I think we have a little genius on our hands.



Our little Einstein enjoys being held in a standing position so she can bounce up and down. She loves her jumper station, ha ha the baby einstein for the baby einstein. She jumps and screams like crazy in that thing. She loves grabbing anything she can get her paws on — and stuffing it directly into her mouth. But her favorite toy of all time, besides my hair, is her Violet doll. Violet will play night time music and puts her to sleep like a charm. Violet is the best car seat baby sitter and we don't have to pay her a dime. Speaking of dimes. Avery has becomes mamma's best shopping gal pal. She loves it. Let me re-phrase that. She loves to make poopies while I'm in the dressing room and run out of wipes or didn't bring an extra pair of clothes so I have to carry her around naked in the mall until I can go buy her a new outfit.

Oh my gosh she is so cute, I love her!

Life is good with our little cupcake. We are so enjoying being parents. Sometimes I wonder if she is my child because she is all Chris and no Angie.

3 comments:

Stacy and Justin said...

She is so cute and getting so big. She is a lot daddy, but she also has mommy in her!

Mom of three ♥ said...

She is super duper cute!

Amy said...

Oh you guys she is absolutely adorable. What a cutie pie and I can't believe she is already 6 months, seriously where does the time go????