Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Who needs a Flu vaccine when you're naturally immune?




Knock on wood!!! Even though I work at the hospital, I decided no to get the flu vaccine. I figured that I haven't had the flu since I was a wee little girl that I was naturally immune. Then I really was convinced of my superior immune system when I kept getting assigned to all the flu patients at work and I didn't get it. Chris has gotten the flu twice so far so maybe I am immune and carrying it home to Chris. The unfortunate thing (next to Chris being sick) is that I had no one to take me to my surgery on Tuesday. I was freaking out... My entire family lives so far away and all my friends had to work and it was such short notice to call someone in the ward. A nurse I work with was willing to take me but I felt uncomfortable putting her out like that. My step mom who lives in Toelle was so kind to leave her house at 4am to pick me up at 5. It was nice to have that bonding moment. I hope I didn't say anything too humiliating when I was under the influence of anesthesia. I love the fact that I can count on my Dad and his new wife if I ever need them. This is a picture of me and Lynn my "New Mom".

3 comments:

bradget said...

Hope you surgery went well! Let me know if you need anything, Brad and I can bring you guys dinner if you want :)

Amy said...

Ang,
How did the surgery go? Are you feeling ok? I hope that you took some time off of work. I'll miss you this weekend. Let me know how you are.

Em said...

Cute picture! Don't you just love those fabulous caps?! I hope everything went well!Hope to see you soon!