Monday, March 24, 2008

Traditions








One thing Angie realized when she married into the Carn family was we are very strict on our family traditions. At Christmas we do the family line up, eat breakfast before we open gifts, and there is NO opening gifts on Christmas Eve. In football season it is very important that I sit down to watch the Bears game with my Brian Urlacher jersey for regular season games and my Walter Payton Jersey for the playoffs. Last Sunday was Easter so I participated in one of my favorite traditions of all time. The post meal nap!!! We went to Dave and Brookes for dinner and had a great Easter egg hunt with the kids. Brooke as always prepared a fantastic dinner and desert. After a few minutes of polite post dinner chat I found my way into the living room for one of my favorite traditions of all time. Traditions are great!!!

2 comments:

Carn Family said...

Good luck....I found bubbles ALWAYS work. Either buy some or fill up the kitchen sink with some cups and lots of soap...they will be happy for a long time. Just have plenty of towels on hand. When is Uncle Chris coming out this way to babysit our little ones???

Em said...

Family traditions are great. Sounds like your fam is kind of die-hard, which really just makes me laugh!