Saturday, December 13, 2008

So long AF med/Surg

I worked my last day in the med/surg department at American Fork Hospital this past Monday. Starting the first week in January I will be working for Intermountain Staffing Resources. This means that I will work where I'm needed between the three IHC hospitals in Utah County. I am super excited and nervous. I decided to make this change because I will be working in various departments and this will give me a feel for where I want to work as a nurse (I graduate in April). But the main reason for making the change is that I will be able to make my own schedule, which is extremely nice while I'm in school. Since I don't start my new position until January, I have about three weeks of not working. This couldn't have been better timing with the holidays and nursing finals.

On a side note, I got the flu vaccine today and I'm nervous that I will be sick during Christmas vacation in Naperville (again). Thank goodness Chris and I are married now and he can spend the night with me and take care of me instead of his mom waking us up and telling Chris he need to go to his own room.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Woo Hoo for 3 weeks off, good for you, you deserve it. I'm sad that I won't see you, PROMISE me you will still call me okay. Sure do miss you!

Betsy said...

you are hilarious. I miss you and our pillow talk! heres my blog mightymciff.blogspot.com

FYI I will be stalking yours so feel free to stalk mine! Oh wait! you already found me! did I know that? Anywho's ... i heart your guts lets hang after the holidays...we so need a reunion. And I need your address if you want a xmas card! (betsymciff at hotmail dot com) Mu-ah!

bradget said...

Congrats! Are you so happy it's over? Or rather, almost over? I'm jealous you get so much time off, can't wait to see you guys next week!