Monday, January 30, 2012

The Magic of Oxiclean

I'm not a great blogger but I just had to share my experience with Oxiclean. The pictures were taken with my cell phone so they aren't that great, but you'll still get the idea.  I have to admit I have only had to throw away one outfit since my first daughter was born 2 1/2 years ago.  If  you haven't discovered this yet then you have truely been missing out and I'm sorry you have had to waste your money on new clothes.  The following steps work on almost anything.  I have cleaned out baby poop, Cool Aide, red dye from feathers on white lace, soda, grass stains and ketchup.   The most important thing to remember is to clean the garment imediately for the best results.  I have gotten old stains out but not completely. 

So, if you are ready to be wow'ed then listen up. 

My morning started with me waking up to the sound of an explosion coming from my 4 month old.  you know the kind where you hear it and imediately realize you're about to discover something unnatural?  I started to change my girls diaper on the white bedspread when I realized that she had poop going all the way up her back.  I had the basinet next to the bed so I was trapped.  luckily my hubby works down stairs and he was able to come upstairs and help with the situaltion.   He held her up while I cleaned her off.

Here's how the magic works.

Step 1:  Gather all your supplies.  Basin for soaking, oxiclean detergent, oxiclean stain remover spray, scrub brush.

Step 2: Rinse and scrub out as much of the stain as possible.


Step 3: spray with Oxiclean stain remover and let soak for a few hours.


Step 4: fill a basin with water and a scoop of Oxiclean detergent. I use the scoop from an old Enfamil container. Allow to soak all day or over night.  


step 5: wash as usual. but don't tumble dry until you are certain the stain is out.
If the stain is not completely out spray with the oxi stain remover and scrub, then soak again.

Ta-Da You're done!

Here is another sample of an explosion of poo that I got out with Oxiclean.

1 comment:

Stacy and Justin said...

I have those same Jammie's for Gracie!