Friday, June 18, 2010

TOU Marathon

Our neighbor was silly enough to try and talk Chris into running the Top of Utah marathon in Logan. ha ha ha ya right!!! Chris can barely run the bases playing softball (sorry babe but it's true.) I have always wanted to run a marathon so I told him I would run it. I have been running a few miles here and there and started a 16 week program 3 weeks ago. The training program consists of running 3 miles one day then 4 miles then 3 miles and a long run starting at 5 miles and increasing a mile every week. I am now supposed to be at 7 miles. Last week Chris was out of town so I wasn't able to run except two days while pushing Avery in the blistering wind up hills both ways. Come to Saratoga Springs and you will know what I'm talking about, our tree sure does. This week Chris was out of town again and I work so I'm not sure when I am going to do my runs. Chris says to run when I wake up at 2pm. Are you kidding me that is the hottest time of the day! I only work 2 days a week, if that, but it seems like the days I do work get in the way of my ever so eventful life. I started out so excited but am now getting discouraged. I did my 4 mile run yesterday at 9am and it wasn't pretty. I hadn't eaten breakfast, it was hot, I was dehydrated and I ran rolling hills into the wind both ways. I was huffing and puffing and barely made it in! my face was as red as a nice plump cherry. I still have hope that I can pull this off. I just need to figure out a time I can go. Now that Chris isn't galavanting, I mean traveling, I can go in the morning or evening. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

1 comment:

Rachel Lovato said...

GOOO Angie! You are amazing!